Terms and Conditions
- Terms and Conditions
- Gym Usage
- All customers must complete a health commitment statement prior to using our gym facilities
- All customers are required to have a gym induction and must declare that to the best of his/her knowledge, the information provided on the Health Statement is completed and is accurate.
- The customer must disclose to WV Active if they know of any reason why they should not participate in any physical exercise. If the customer chooses to withhold any information, then they participate in all activities at their own risk.
- The customer will be responsible for monitoring their own physical condition throughout any exercise. In the event of any unusual symptoms occurring, the customer should inform a WV Active member of staff immediately or raise the alarm.
- WV Active staff are not medically qualified. If you have any doubts about your fitness or capability to undertake physical exercise we strongly recommend that you take independent medical advice before undertaking exercise.
- WV Active staff must be consulted prior to using any new equipment. WV Active cannot accept responsibility for any injury sustained as a consequence of any item of equipment being used upon which the customer has not received instruction.
- All customers when using the facilities will abide by the dress code for that activity. If you choose to not abide by the dress code, this will result in you being unable to undertake the activity or attend the session, we will not refund any fees in this instance.
- We reserve the right to close certain areas from time to time at our discretion.
- You are not permitted to use any gym facilities whilst under the influence of alcohol or anticoagulant, antihistamines, beta-blockers, narcotics, or tranquillisers.
- If you have high or low blood pressure, heart disease and/or diabetes you should consult your doctor prior to using any WV Active facilities.
- Junior customers ages 14 to 15 years have access to supervised gym session, these are displayed on the website. Juniors are not permitted to use the gym facilities outside of these sessions.
- Junior customers must complete an induction. A parent or guardian will be required to sign their health commitment statement and application form.
- Group Exercise Classes
- WV Active operate a booking procedure for all group exercise classes, you are advised to pre-book your classes to ensure your participation.
- Class timetables and instructors are subject to change without prior notice.
- Members will need to swipe their membership card at the doors of the studios to gain access to booked classes. If classes have not been pre-booked you will not gain access to the studios.
- We do operate a class lateness policy which will prevent anyone arriving more than 5 minutes late. This is to avoid classes being disturbed and to avoid injury
- Where in the opinion of the instructor, the class is deemed to be overcrowded, the instructor may restrict the number of attendees.
- Swimming Pool
- Swimming Pool Area
- All users of the swimming pool areas must obey the instructions of the lifeguards.
- Always shower before entering the swimming pool, sauna or steam room.
- Comply with all swimming direction signs within the swimming pool area; and wear appropriate swim wear, as outlined in the safe swimming policy.
- Surfaces in the pool area are always wet, please take care and always walk.
- Due to the nature of swimming activity, jewellery is not permitted.
- Open wounds of any kind should be covered with waterproof plasters. If you have verruca’s you can still swim but please wear a protective sock.
- Swimming Lessons
- Prior to starting lessons with our Swim academy you must have registered and paid for your child’s lesson place
- A full block of 10 sessions must be paid for in advance of your child’s first session.
- New blocks of 10 lessons must be paid for prior to the previous block of 10 running out, as this will result in you losing your lesson space.
- Once a block of lessons has been paid for, there will be no refunds.
- You must notify WV Active of any medical conditions at the time of enrolment and ensure that this information is regularly updated to represent a true representation.
- Should your child not be able to attend a swimming lesson due to an illness that prevents them from swimming, this needs to be discussed with a Duty Manger. Each case will be dealt with on a case by case basis and a doctor’s note will be requested.
- Swimming admissions policy
- Admission of Babies
- Babies under the age of 12 weeks will not be allowed to use WV Active swimming facilities.
- Parents of children under 6 months old will be advised against them swimming as there is no benefit to be gained and babies may suffer ill effects from getting quickly chilled and chemicals in the pool water may be too harsh for their skin.
- Babies who are not toilet trained will be required to wear a specially designed swimming nappy to prevent faecal soiling in the pool.
Safe swim policy
- Our safe swim policy can be found here.
- Lockers are made available within WV Active facilities. WV Active does not guarantee that the use of the lockers will guarantee no theft of/ or damage to your property and cannot be held responsible for loss of or damage to any contents placed within the lockers, how so ever caused.
- Lockers are available for use only whilst you are using the facilities. Use of the lockers whilst you are not in the facilities is prohibited.
- Lockers may only be used for the purpose of keeping clothing, workout or swim kit, toiletries. The use of the locker to secure any other items is prohibited. If WV Active have grounds to suspect a locker is being used in breach of this, WV Active reserves the right to open the locker in question and remove any offending items.
- Lockers will be emptied overnight. Your belongings if left will be removed and will be available to be collected at that facility reception. You have a period of 30 days in which to collect your belongings, otherwise it will be donated to charity.
- Centre Usage, General Behaviour and Conduct
- WV Active reserves the right to ask customers to leave for unacceptable behaviour and conduct.
- We ask that you use the facilities and equipment in accordance with the advice and guidance given to by any member of staff and/or notices suitably displayed. Failure to apply this rule will result in you being asked to leave.
- Behaviour that is regarded as unacceptable includes but is not limited to:
- Excessive shouting
- Whilst encouraging customers to actively enjoy their chosen activity, the Duty Officer or Centre Manager has the right to refuse admission or dismiss any person who may present a hazard to themselves or other users. Customers who have medical conditions which may present particular difficulties or potential risks will be encouraged to notify centre staff on entering the facility.
- The facility manager will take the following steps to deal with acts of verbal, physical or intimidating behaviour:
- Stage One – minor incident – an informal verbal warning will be recorded on an incident form.
- Stage Two – serious incident or refusal to take note of stage one warning which may result in expulsion from that visit – formal notification issued from facility manager or their representative.
- Stage Three – continuous abuse or refusal to take note of stage two warning – formal final written warning issued by the commercial manager.
- Stage Four – serious breach of policy or refusal to take note of stage three warning – customer to be notified of their expulsion from a facility or across the service through formal notification from the commercial manager. A customer shall have the right to appeal to City of Wolverhampton Council.
- The facility manager has the right to adopt the appropriate stage dependent on the nature of the incident or call the police should they be required.
- The customer is not entitled to a refund at any of the above stages.
- This facility recognises the devastating effect any act of racial harassment may have and that such behaviour is unacceptable. This facility will use all available powers to prevent harassment and take action against the perpetrators, whilst providing the maximum support to those experiencing racial harassment.
- No Smoking Policy
- Please note that all of WV Active facilities operate a strict no smoking policy.
- Data Protection
- WV Active will record any person information you give to us in line with the current General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- General Bookings
- Members must comply with conditions of use displayed throughout the Centre relevant to each activity.
- We only accept bookings by people over the age of 16. Bookings for activities to be undertaken by children can only be made by the parent or legal guardian of those children. By submitting a request you are abiding by these terms.
- If a booking is made for juniors and an adult is participating, then adult prices apply. Should it be found that adults are booking for juniors and adults turn up to the session, the booking adult will be in breach of the Terms and Conditions and will be required to pay the balance for the booking.
- We have the right to refuse any application for booking. We reserve the right to verify or require proof of all information given in the application for booking. Any fraudulent or wrongful information given in order to obtain a booking could result in the cancellation of the booking and being required to pay for the booking.
- You are able to book activities in person, over the telephone and online. It is advisable to book activities in advance in order to secure your booking.
- If you choose to not undertake the activity or attend the session, we will not refund any fee.
- Booking times for all activities must be adhered to. If you attend at a later or earlier time than booked you may be refused entry.
- You must use all equipment and facilities in an appropriate manner and give safe regard to your own health and safety and that of others.
- In general, unless advertised otherwise, sessions are for one hour. The booking time covers the period of use including up to 5 minutes setting up and up to 5 minutes clearing away of facilities relating to the booking.
- Members may cancel a class up to 24 hours before the class/activity without being charged a dishonour fee.
- WV Active takes no responsibility for non-attendance and as such refunds will not be issued due to non-attendance. All customers failing to attend a pre-booked activity will be charged the full fee for the activity in question.
- Customers with payments outstanding will not be permitted to book/attend activities until the outstanding payment has been cleared.
- One Off Booking:
- A one-off booking includes the use of the activity booked for that session.
- The booking will be confirmed upon receipt of payment either in person or over the telephone, the booking may be considered for one rearrangement upon at least 24 hours’ notice before the date of booking. But there will be no refund option available once the booking and payment has been made.
- WV Active may provide additional equipment(s) for the specified booking subject to an additional charge and availability.
- Block Booking:
- A Block Booking consist of 10 or more sessions, any bookings constituting less than 10 will be considered a one-off booking.
- Block Bookings may be subject to Value Added Tax (VAT) exemption if 10 or more bookings are made for the same sport. Payment for block bookings will be required in advance.
- Cancellation of block bookings may only be sought by the customer who made the block booking.
- Cancellation of Block Bookings may only occur with at least one week’s prior notice. Any cancellation notice less than this period is at the discretion of WV Active.
- Failure to turn up for three Bookings in the period of a block booking may, without notice, result in the cancellation of the block booking.
- Event Booking
- WV Active premises may be hired for events, but these will be subject to the event booking terms and conditions.
- Car Parking
- Car parking facilities are available at all WV Active sites. You may use such spaces only when you are using the facilities.
- We accept no liability for any loss or damage which may result from your use of the car parking at facilities. All such use is at your own risk.
- Neither membership or planned/booked use of the facilities guarantees the availability of a parking space. Spaces are available on a first come first served basis.
- Parking may or may not be chargeable depending on location of the facility. Parking without due payment and displaying a valid evidence of this will result in an enforcement ticket and charge usually administered by others.
- WV Active will not be liable for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations, under this agreement that is cause by any event that is beyond our reasonable control.
- WV Active will not be liable for facilities not being available.
- In the absence of any negligence or any other breach of duty imposed by Law, the use by any person of any of the facilities including its equipment or machinery is entirely at the person’s risk.
- WV Active will not be liable for any loss or damage case to you or your property in the facilities unless that loss or damage was caused by our negligence.
- Membership Terms and Conditions
- WV Active is a registered trademark of the City of Wolverhampton Council. Your agreement will be with the City of Wolverhampton Council.
- This agreement commences when you indicate your acceptance on the web sign up process or when you register for membership at one of the WV Active facilities.
- WV Active Memberships enables you to use all three WV Active facilities (Aldersley, Bilston-Bert Williams and Central), subject to the conditions of your chosen membership package.
- The use of saunas and steam room is complimentary for all membership packages only and is not included in pay and play use.
- WV Active members are required to complete a health commitment statement prior to using any of our gyms.
- You cannot transfer this agreement to anyone else.
- Members can book classes 8 days in advance of the session taking place only.
- Use of WV Active Membership Card
- You will be issued with a card/easy band which must only be used by you. It is compulsory to have a photo ID entered onto the WV Active Membership system otherwise entry will not be permitted.
- The card/easy band must be produced at reception or via the fast track systems, as well as at specified access points on each visit in order to gain access. WV Active is unable to allow access to the Facilities if you do not turn up with a valid WV Active membership card/ easy band.
- Should you lose or misplace your WV Active membership card or easy band, a replacement can be purchased at reception for a fee of £3 per card or £5.00 per easy band.
- Membership Payments
- Membership ackage prices are subject to change in line with WV Active’s annual pricing policy. Existing agreements will not be affected; however, amended prices apply at renewal stage.
- Monthly memberships are paid via Direct Debit and will continue until WV Active is notified in accordance with 6.2.1 below.
- On applying for your Monthly Membership, you are required to make an initial payment which will depend upon the date you select for your monthly Direct Debit payment.
- You must register your bank details to set up a direct debit instruction, please note that not all bank accounts support Direct Debits (for example some savings accounts and non-uk accounts).
- WV Active collects direct debit payments on the 1st of each month.
- WV Active is not responsible for any fees incurred if collection dates vary. It is your responsibility to ensure that the required funds are available date or risk the payment defaulting.
- If a Direct Debit is returned unpaid for whatever reason, we will automatically change your Direct Debit to cash payment to be paid on your next visit to our Facilities; you will not be allowed to use our Facilities until the unpaid amount has been paid.
- We will attempt to contact you to let you know what has happened by email or telephone, however despite us having notified you of a missed payment, if a subsequent payment is then missed, we reserve the right to terminate your membership.
- Changing your bank details
- If you are changing banks and wish to continue to pay for your Membership by Direct Debit, you need to contact your new bank and instruct them to switch all Direct Debits to your new account.
- Annual Memberships
- An annual membership must be paid for in advance, as part of your membership application by debit card/credit card/cash or cheque. WV Active’s annual membership is best suited for customers who wish to use our facilities for a fixed period or customers who do not have a bank account that supports direct debits.
- Subject to 6.2.3 below, if you decide to leave before the end of the fixed contract, your membership will not be refunded and cannot be froze.
- Should WV Active increase or decrease membership prices, your existing annual membership price will not be affected until it expires.
- Cancellation Policy
- Cancellations within 14 days
- At the commencement of your Membership Package you are entitled to cancel for any reason within 14 days.
- If you choose to cancel within 14 days we will give you a full refund or any fees paid subject to the value of any usage (including cost of induction) being deducted from the refund.
- If you want to cancel within 14 days you should write (letter or email) to the WV Active Membership Team.
- Cancellation after 14 days
- If at any point, you wish to cancel your WV Active monthly membership, you must contact the WV Active membership team in writing (by email or cancellation form) giving us 30 days’ notice prior to your next Direct Debit due date. However, if you fail to give us a 30 day notice prior to your next Direct Debit due date then the full payment for the next month will proceed. For example, a customer’s Direct Debit is collected by WV Active on the 1st of each month. WV Active is notified (by email or cancellation form) that the customer wishes to cancel their monthly membership on 15th. This means that the customer has not given a 30 day notice prior to their next Direct Debit due date and so, their Direct Debit for the next month will proceed. However, the customer will be able to use the facilities until the end of that month.
- You are not entitled to a refund of any payments paid prior to your cancellation.
- You may cancel any of your membership package for the following reasons only:
- Serious illness;
- Serious injury;
- Redundancy; and
- Upon receipt of an email or cancellation form detailing any special circumstances to be considered by WV Active
- It is your responsibility to ensure your Direct Debit payments have been stopped following your membership cancellation. We advise you retain your cancellation confirmation email or your copy of the cancellation form, in the event of any queries being raised.
- Concessions and Corporate schemes
- Should you purchase a WV Active package as part of an approved concession or corporate scheme, you are agreeing to provide at time of purchase or upon collection of your membership card, proof to validate your application of the package. A full list of concession and corporate proof required can be found via this link.
- Should you purchase a corporate rate or concession rate membership, regular proof will be required. Should you no longer be eligible for a reduced membership, the additional cost will be added to your account on a pro-rated basis.
- Suspension of Use
- Any person discovered to have obtained a WV Active membership card on the basis of false or deliberately misleading statements and/or providing false documentation will have their card revoked. Refunds will not apply in such circumstances.
- WV Active reserves the right to refuse admission or to terminate a card holder’s activity/ session in event of behavior determined by the Facility to be unacceptable. Please refer to behavior policy.
- WV Active reserves the right to close all, or part of the facilities during bank holiday periods or for essential repairs by providing reasonable notice, or in the event of severe weather conditions. WV Active membership card holders are not entitled to pro rata refunds based on such circumstances.
- WV Active reserves the right to operate facilities for the purpose of staging events or organised competitions by providing reasonable notice of any closures or disruption to services. WV Active Membership card holders are not entitled to pro rata refunds on such circumstances.
- WV Active reserves the right to make changes to this agreement and when any changes are made they will be displayed at the facilities. This agreement replaces any previous versions.
- Facility booking procedures apply.
- All members are required to wear appropriate gym clothing for working out, clothing such as jeans, flip flops, or clothing that could catch in the gym equipment are not acceptable.
- You agree to inform us immediately of any changes to your membership details.
- This agreement is governed by English Law
WV Active – Aldersley
© 2019 - All Rights - WVActive