The following Terms and Conditions apply to all parents or guardians of any child attending swimming lessons organised by WV Active. Please ensure you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions below:
- All our swimming lessons are 25 minutes long and your child will have one lesson a week per block of ten.
- All children must arrive no more than ten minutes before the start of their allocated lesson. This allows time to check in at reception, get changed and be ready on poolside to start their lesson on time.
- If you are more than ten minutes late after your child’s lesson has started, you will be refused entry. This is to ensure that lessons are not disrupted, you will not be refunded for this lesson.
- All armbands and swimming aids are provided for the lesson.
- Correct swim wear suitable for the use of indoor pools must be worn. Please see our Safe Swim Policy available at reception and displayed in the changing rooms. A copy can also be found on our website.
- We do not tolerate any abusive or aggressive behaviour towards any staff members. If a staff member feels threatened or offended they have the right to refuse service.
- Lessons are paid for in blocks of ten.
- Parents are responsible for making their payments on time. The payment for the block of ten lessons must be received before your child’s 10th lesson begins. Failure to make this payment on time will result in your child automatically being removed from their class.
- If a child moves from a Stage lesson to the Rookie programme, there will be an increase in payment required.
- Parents must report to reception to check in before their child’s lesson starts.
- Parents need to ensure their email address and contact number provided to the leisure centre is kept up to date at all times.
- Payment reminder emails are sent out 3 weeks, 2 weeks and 1 week prior to the date of the 10th lesson.
- If a valid email address has not been supplied, then it is the parent’s responsibility to check when the next payment is due at Reception.
- If payment is not received prior to the 10th lesson the automated system will remove your child. There is no guarantee that a place would still be available if this were to occur and you may be asked to go back onto the waiting list.
- If no payment has been made for your child’s lesson, we have the right to refuse you entry to the pool.
- If your child’s achievement requires them to move stages, a specific day or time can be requested, but this cannot be guaranteed.
- If you leave prior to the end of a ten week block no refunds will be given.
- If your child does not attend a lesson there will be no refund.
- If WV Active Swim Academy have to cancel a lesson for unforeseen circumstances, there will be no charge for that lesson.
- If WV Active Swim Academy have to cancel a lesson for unforeseen circumstances, this will be done via the Home Portal and parents or guardians will receive an email informing them of the cancellation. If we cancel with less than 4 hours’ notice, parents or guardians will receive a phone call notifying them of the cancelled lesson.
- It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to check their emails regularly and ensure they have read the details including date of the cancellation correctly.
- If your child has a long-term medical condition that will prevent them from swimming:
- Notify WV Active as soon as possible
- A GP Letter will be required that states condition and stating a date that swimming can be resumed.
- This will then be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- We will allow refunds if your child has completed all of the stages of our Learn to Swim pathway up to Rookie Gold Three. This can be refunded via the original payment method, or the credit can be transferred onto another child’s swimming lessons.
Under no circumstances will we refund for any other reason other the ones stated above.
Movement of Lessons
- When your child is ready to move up they will be given a badge slip by their swimming teacher. This is proof your child is ready to move up a stage and will be needed by reception to move your child.
- The swimming instructor will select your child to move on their I-pods which reception and the Swimming Co-ordinator will be able to see this on the mover’s screen on Learn 2.
- To move your child up to a new stage you can do this via Reception when collecting your child’s certificate.
- Reception will offer you the days and times available for the stage you require
- Please note, Reception staff and the Swim Coordinator have the right to refuse to move a child up a stage if they do not appear on the mover’s screen or a badge slip is not present
- If there is no availability for your child’s stage, their lessons will be frozen, and they will be put on the waiting list until a space becomes available.
- If you would like to move your child to a different day or time you can put a request in at reception and we will move your child if we have availability.
- There is no guarantee that this request can be accepted
- If your request of movement has been accepted you cannot move again until you start a new block of ten.
Safe Swim Policy
All users of the swimming pool are to make themselves familiar with the swimming pool’s rules. Please refer to the Safe Swim Policy for further details as provided above.
It is vital that all medical conditions are reported to the Swimming Instructors and Management. These details will be then put onto Learn 2. It is parent’s responsibility to ensure that this information is passed on.
WV Active does not accept responsibility for any damage or loss of property or articles left on the premises (whether being worn or left in the pool/changing rooms) or within the grounds/car park of the premises.
Update of Information
It is parents or guardian’s responsibility to ensure we have the most current and up to date contact information for your children. The requires contact numbers, home address, date of birth and a working email address.